Saturday, February 1, 2014

Decoding the Essence of Hair

Every girl might experience hair problems at some point in her life ( due to hormonal imbalance, menstrual cycle, pregnancy, menopause, health issues...etc.) Luckily there are tips and tricks to the perfect hair that we fantasize about in magazines and on TV commercials.

I have suffered frizz and hair loss for most of my life but I have discovered the perfect recipe for glamorous luscious hair!
  • Do not wash hair daily as water and shampoo will strip the natural oils of the hair and cause unwanted frizz
  • Develop a hair routine and stick to it daily
  • Use heat protectant spray when using heat tools
  • Use the natural powder Henna for a natural remedy for damaged hair and is also a natural hair dye ( red and orange hues) 
Friends and family constantly ask me the secret to how my hair grew long and how I eliminated friz. I suffer from oily hair so I shower my hair twice a week only. My shower routine is as follows:
  1. Before shower, I lather and massage my hair with olive oil (nourishes and protects) and almond oil ( provide softness and shine). Other oils such as coconut oil, vitamin E oil, peppermint oil also work...etc. Mix the two oils together in a bowl and heat it up in the microwave and massage onto scalp and roots all the way to the ends of the hair. Leave for at least an hour before shower.
  2. During shower, use shampoo that caters to your hair type. It is best to use sulfate free shampoos as well as shampoos with no carcinogenic ingredients. After shampoo is lathered and washed, use a good brand conditioner as it will lock in the moist and softness into your hair. Leave conditioner for five minutes.
  3. After shower is done and hair is damp, use Argan Oil (Moroccan oil) as a leave in oil. Little Argan Oil goes a long way. It is rich in antioxidants and vitamin E. Massage it onto hair as it will eliminate frizz and creates soft and silky hair. Let hair dry naturally.


No comments:

Post a Comment