Monday, March 17, 2014

The Power of Istikhara Prayer

Many Muslims neglect or are often misguided about the Istikhara prayer. It is often a forgotten prayer. 

It is a powerful stance to release and submit fully to God in all matters of life. In this two rakaat prayer, we ask God guidance in all that we seek and ask Him for guidance in which option is better for us. So many decisions we have to make daily so leave it to God to guide to the better choices. So make use of this powerful prayer for it will change your life for the better.


As the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) told us, pray the istikhara prayer when presented with options in which you don't know which is best. Use the istikhara duaa to seek assistance in all of life's facets. Use this prayer for making decisions in life. 

The misconceptions of istikhara:
• istikhara prayer isn't necessarily answered through dreams
• istikhara prayer should be sincere and fully submit to Gods plans
• istikhara must be recited with its duaa for it to be considered an istikhara prayer

Pray the two rakaat istikhara after any fard prayer and after you are done, recite the following duaa ‘O Allaah, I seek Your counsel by Your knowledge and by Your power I seek strength and I ask You from Your immense favour, for verily You are able while I am not and verily You know while I do not and You are the Knower of the unseen. O Allaah, if You know this affair -and here you mention your option or need- to be good for me in relation to my religion, my life, and end, then decree and facilitate it for me, and bless me with it, and if You know this affair to be ill for me towards my religion, my life, and end, then remove it from me and remove me from it , and decree for me what is good wherever it be and make me satisfied with such.’









No comments:

Post a Comment