Monday, February 3, 2014

Achieving the Perfect Winged Liner

I get so many questions on how I create my eyeliner, specifically to compliment my eye shape and eye color.

Achieving the perfect winged liner is difficult and frustrating at first. Many people are afraid to use it. I have had my share of frustrations and failures in the past. Nonetheless, with practice you can achieve the ideal winged liner. 

It is best to use brand and method suitable and comfortable for you. Whether be it pencil liner, gel liner, or liquid liner, it all works. 

My favorite look has been a neutral face but with bold eyes (jet black eyeliner). 

Here are few tips and tricks (for beginners):
• Place a piece of tape in a slant with your water line to guide the shape of the eyeliner 
• Stay as close to the lash line as possible while applying the eyeliner
• Guide the eyeliner as it best compliments your eye shape. Follow the natural curve of the lid of your eyes
• Do not push the eye upwards while lining your eye. The eyes should relax into their natural shape
• Beggining with the inner lid, thinly glide the liner towards the outter lid then draw the wing and fill it in (all the while the tape is still in place)

*check YouTube makeup channels for video tutorials on winged liners

No comments:

Post a Comment